Hyderabad Metro Rail Project is the World’s Largest Public-Private Partnership Project (PPP) in the Metro Sector.
Metros and MRTS (Mass Rapid Transport System) are emerging as a major area for infrastructure development in major cities with high population (around 8 Million). The Metro Rail Project, once completed will transform Hyderabad as the preferred city in India; with integrated urban transport planning using inter modal connectivity and convenient sky-walks, which will mark the beginning of an era of seamless commuting in India.
The Hyderabad Metro Rail Network will cover a total distance of around 72 Km across three corridors:
- Corridor I : Miyapur to LB Nagar
- Corridor II : JBS to Falaknuma
- Corridor III : Nagole to Shilparamam
The Project will be integrated with existing railway stations, suburban railway network (MMTS) and bus stations to ensure seamless and comfortable travel.
The Hyderabad Metro project brings together ‘best in class’ resources and technology in every aspect of the project – Stations, Station Planning, Rolling Stock, Track Work, Depots, AFC, Power Supply, Traction And SCADA System, Signalling And Train Control System, Telecom System, MEP
* Elevated world-class station buildings at approximately every kilometre.
* Connects major offices, retail and residential areas – The two tracks (up and down lines) pass through the arterial roads of the city.
* Connects major bus stations at Miyapur, MGBS, Koti, Dilsukhnagar, Charminar and Jubilee Bus Station.
* Integration with existing rail terminals at Secunderabad, Begumpet and Nampally.
* Link to MMTS services at Bharat Nagar, Begumpet, Khairatabad, Malakpet & Falaknuma.
* Feeder bus services to stations from different areas of the city is being planned by GoAP.
* Green & Eco-friendly mode of travel – reduces carbon emission, fuel consumption and pollution.
* Faster, safer and comfortable air-conditioned travel with reduced travel time.
* Ultra-modern coaches.
* User-friendly stations with lifts, staircases and facilities for the disabled.
* Parking facility at strategic locations along the route at the designated areas provided by the GoAP.
* Automatic ticket vending machines – reducing waiting time in queues and counters.
* Automatic fare collection system – hassle free entry and exit from the stations.
* Essential facilities at stations – toilets, public address and information system, telephones.